Hotel Laundry Attendant $11 per hour
Responsible for the complete upkeep and smooth functioning of the laundry
department. The laundry attendant should possess knowledge of all
equipment and how it operates. The position also works closely with
housekeeping to ensure proper inventory levels are supplied to the floors in
a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Formulates washing formula for stained loads and all other laundry products processed through the laundry area including food and beverage items.
2. Sorts dirty linen by product type.
3. Identifies worn and torn linen and keeps track of rag outs on a discard
4. Participates in monthly linen inventory.
5. Ensures the washing of linen is up to standard before placing into
6. Communicates any maintenance and upkeep issues to appropriate
person relating to all laundry equipment.
7. Coordinates with the Engineering Department any routine maintenance
of the equipment or outstanding repairs.
8. Suggests methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
9. Organizes linen in such a way that it is sorted by type, loaded on carts
and put up neatly on the linen storage racks.
10. Works in a fast paced environment with time constraints and timing
deadlines related to production standards and requirements.
11. Multitasking with linen in various machines running at the same time
with different products.
12. Ensures that the proper amount of linen is ready and available to
disperse to the guest floors. Shortages of linen in the housekeeping
storage areas should not exist.
13. Main duties include folding linen and terry cloth items in a neat pristine
14. Sets the wash and dry cycles on the machines based on products
15. Ensures that work is closely coordinated with housekeeping to
determine the proper level of products is kept in the laundry storage
areas on the guest floors.
16. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and
17. Performs other reasonable duties as directed by the leadership team.
18. Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to
move employees from their accustomed shifts to other shifts.
19. Maintains a professional appearance in appropriate uniform.
20. Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the laundry area and the
21. Possesses the ability to work well with other team members.
22. Attends department meetings as required.
23. Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
24. Must demonstrate a positive attitude with an outgoing and friendly
personality towards all guests when in guest areas.