Sr. Java Developer
Top Responsibilities: Build scalable, fault-tolerant batch and real-time data ingestion pipelines, data transformation and data mining jobs
· Responsible for analysis and development of Big Data solutions.
· Document technical applications, specifications, and enhancements.
· Recommend ways to improve data reliability, quality and efficiency.
· Integrate the web application with NoSQL databases leveraging the existing Kafka platform
· Maintain production systems (SAS, Java microservices, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
· Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team velocity
· Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
· Drive a quality mindset within the team
· Anticipate issues and act proactively to address potential issues
· Work with sometimes ambiguous / conceptual requirements and guide the technical team to provide functionality with the right amount of engineering
· Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders while defining solutions.
· Lead engineers in making sound, sustainable, and practical technical decisions.
· Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output.
· Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the core team Provide coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to other software engineers
· Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
Software Tools/Skills are Needed to Perform Daily Responsibilities: Java, Scala, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, GraphDB
· Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
· 6+ years of hands-on software engineering with object-oriented and/or functional programming
· 8+ years of Java/J2EE software development experience with Spring framework
· 4+ years of experience with NoSQL DB (Cassandra), ElasticSearch, Kafka, AVRO, GraphDB
· 4+ years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Hands-on experience on programming languages - Spark/Scala Experience with Github, Jenkins CI/CD, JUnit and Docker Hands-on experience on using PAAS like - Kubernetes, Openshift Strong background on the automated unit testing technologies
· Solid understanding of NoSQL and its data modeling
· Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
· Ability to develop and execute strategic plans Excellent communication skills