The purpose of this job is to serve guests enthusiastically, suggestively selling menu items, serving both food and drink products, ring up and collect payment for food and beverages sold and ensuring that guests receive great service throughout their meal.
Essential Job Functions
- Greets guests, explains special of the day, explains menu using concise and articulate language, and listens and responds to questions.
- Delivers checks promptly to the line so that orders can be prepared within the prescribed time.
- Picks up and delivers orders to the guests at the table within the prescribed time limits, ensuring the accuracy of the order and the compliance of the product and standards.
- Communicates with guests demonstrating confidence and encourages them to feel unique and special.
- Performs duties that require organization, speed, efficiency and bending and lifting.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Follows recipes and procedures to ensure product is prepared and maintained to spec.
- Sets up, stocks, and organizes all workstations at the beginning of the day.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO method.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstation during the day and at the end of the day.
- Uses knives, measuring utensils, scoops, scales, can opener, electric juicer, or other bartending tools, without limitations, jiggers, muddler, fruit peeler, and other tools or utensils.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout restaurant and performs weekly maintenance.
- Always be on time for scheduled shifts.
- Performs the function of host whenever possible. Capable of answering phones and placing to-go orders.
- Do what you can to help ensure an efficient, smooth flowing restaurant.
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this Position:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs) to and from stock and kitchen locations.
- Is able to stand up to eight hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and walking 100 % of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to shoulder level.
- Carrying up to 50 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladders or step stools
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes
- Effective communication shill to deal with public
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.