General Labor needed for Steel Plant in Birmingham, AL $17/HR
· Measure, fabricate, cut, weld and shape steel parts such as girders, columns and frames using equipment including shears, welding tools and torches
· Hoist steel parts to their appropriate location, ensuring proper alignment and positioning and bolting them into place
· Assemble and use equipment, including setting up cable and chain systems, for hoisting or moving steel parts and disassemble it after completion of the task
Folllow blueprint and instructions from supervisors to perform all tasks involved in assembly of steel structures; communicate with supervisors and coworkers to ensure smooth teamwork
Direct crane operators as they move and position steel components
· Drill holes and align parts with framework in preparation for riveting; use tools including levels, laser tools and plumb bobs to ensure precise alignment
· Operate overhead crane (will be trained
*Must have a Verifiable HS Dipoma or GED
*Must pass background check
*Must pass urine Drug Screen
*Must complete full physical
*Must complete a "physical agility test"
*Must have Metatarsal Boots (No Exceptions) - Boot Voucher Available
3pm to 3am
Work schedule is Monday through Friday and some Saturdays....NO SUNDAYS!!!!