General Labor Steel Worker/$17/HR - Birmingham, AL
NOW HIRING......1st and 2nd shift....General Labor Steel Workers....pay is $17.00/hr
WE HAVE (5) OPENINGS....APPLY TODAY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED....YOU MUST HAVE A RESUME!!!!
1st Shift has 1 Opening....5am to 430pm
2nd Shift has 4 Openings....3pm to 3am
Work schedule is Monday through Friday and some Saturdays....absolutely NO SUNDAYS!!!!
· Measure, fabricate, cut, weld and shape steel parts such as girders, columns and frames using equipment including shears, welding tools and torches
· Hoist steel parts to their appropriate location, ensuring proper alignment and positioning and bolting them into place
· Assemble and use equipment, including setting up cable and chain systems, for hoisting or moving steel parts and disassemble it after completion of the task
· Follow blueprint and instructions from supervisors to perform all tasks involved in assembly of steel structures; communicate with supervisors and coworkers to ensure smooth teamwork
· Notify supervisors immediately of safety or structural concerns
· Take apart structures or equipment in accordance with directions and standard operating procedure, repair steel components in older structures
· Direct crane operators as they move and position steel components
· Drill holes and align parts with framework in preparation for riveting; use tools including levels, laser tools and plumb bobs to ensure precise alignment
· Operate overhead crane (will be trained
*Must have a HS Dipoma or GED - copy must be provided upon applying
*Must pass background check - No felonies ~ Clean Background
*Must pass Urine Drug Screen
*Must complete full physical
*Must complete a "physical agility test"
*Must have Metatarsal Boots (No Exceptions) - Boot Voucher Available ask your recruiter