Game Day Attendant
Summary of Responsibilities
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work with the best fans in soccer? On the search for a part-time role with exceptional perks? We are waiting on you to apply today. Global Team Staffing is seeking exciting new faces to join our game-day staff as an Event Attendant. We take pride in the excellent service we provide our guests each and every time they come to a game. You will be responsible for upholding the reputation that we have established with high standards regarding the cleanliness of the stadium and quality of customer service.
We believe that a successful teammate will represent our organization by exemplifying the company culture which focuses on honesty, integrity, flexibility and leadership. Do you believe you have what it takes to join the GTS family? Take the next step closer and apply today.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Interact with guests by greeting and providing excellent service
- Patrol concourses, restrooms, and other areas to ensure a clean atmosphere.
- Restock restroom supplies, empty trashcans and follow health and safety regulations.
- Resolve cleaning issues as directed by fellow staff and management.
- Greet our guests and assist them throughout the game to ensure their visit is safe, clean, fun and family-friendly
- Operate cash register for cash or credit card transactions
- Take and fill food and drink orders, ensuring correct portions, temperatures, and proper plate presentations
- Restock cold line (e.g. desserts, salads, sandwiches) and dry storage items (e.g. cups, plates)
- Prepare and carry vending trays in stadiums, selling food and beverages using cash transactions, if assigned to stadium area
- Keep all assigned areas clean and sanitary, including emptying trash, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, and detail cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned
To accomplish these objectives, employees must communicate well and be friendly, knowledgeable, and well-groomed. You must also be in good physical condition, as the job entails a great deal of walking, climbing stairs and standing on concrete surfaces in both cold and extremely hot weather. Please understand that you are hired to serve the guest. There will be nights when your responsibilities prevent you from seeing the game.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be available to work at least 75% of all BHM Legion home games (17 games Friday or Wednesday)
- Must be able to arrive up to three hours prior to game time
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be comfortable and able to work with all food types, including food allergens in any dining facility
- Must be able to communicate effectively with ambassadors, guests and leadership
- Must be able to handle cash well
- Must be able to learn and effectively use Point of Sale systems
- Must be able to complete and pass all training for Culinary Department, including RCS Responsible Vendor Training
- Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
- Must be able to stand for entire shift, up to 8 hours
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 55 pounds
- Must be able to push/pull up to 55 pounds
- Must be able to move freely around work areas
- Must be able to bend, reach, twist, and turn with complete flexibility
- Must be able to repetitively climb stadium steps while carrying vending trays if assigned to stadium area
- Must be comfortable with completing all cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous guest service experience